Hobby Engine Remote Control Southampton Tug Boat
- Product Dimensions: 7.7 x 22 x 11.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 7.6 pounds
- Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- Shipping Advisory:: This item must be shipped separately from other items in your order. Additional shipping charges will not apply.
- ASIN: B000WXPBCW
- Item model number: RHE0901
- Manufacturer recommended age: 15 years and up
- Batteries: 1 Nonstandard Battery batteries required. (included)
Having a ton of fun!
The Southampton is sturdy and complete. 20+ years ago I built my own gas, electric & steam powered boats. To get re-started I did not want to take weeks to put together a boat and I was not disappointed. You literally put transmitter batteries in it, charge the main battery and go. I have had it out in smooth and rough weather and had no problems. In rough waves it does take on some water but not enough to affect performance.
I consistently get more than 40 minutes of solid "go" per charge. And I have had it out so far I had a hard time telling which way it was pointing. Keeping in mind my eyes are not all that good…
I have used it to push a log around that randomly showed up after a storm. I plan to use it as an EVRS (emergency vessel recovery system) for some other RC boats I now want to build.
A superb product to a very nice price!